This is a super easy recipe that your family will LOVE! This chicken enchilada pasta uses stuff you probably already have in your pantry, and it comes together in about ten minutes. My husband affectionately refers to this as “white people Mexican food,” but he will still down a plateful of it in about a minute flat! Although I can make some bombass, authentic, lick-your-fingers-clean Mexican food, I also have mad love for the Americanized flavors. MAD. LOVE. And you will love this, too. My four little ones really love this dish.
Here’s what you need!
- Shredded Cooked Chicken (I use the meat from a whole rotisserie chicken from the supermarket!)
- Bow-Tie Pasta
- Diced Green Chiles
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Black Beans
- Sour Cream
- Mexican-style Cheese (like a colby-jack variety)
- Avocado for Garnish
I like to wash as few pots and pans as possible, so I just make everything in one big pot. First, cook and drain the pasta according to package directions. Set aside. Next, open all cans and drain the black beans. In the still-warm pot, add both enchilada sauces, the green chiles, Rotel, black beans, and spices. Heat but do not boil. Add the chicken, cheese and the sour cream. Do not boil! If you do, the sour cream will curdle and this whole dish will be ick. Finally, add the pasta and gently stir to combine. Yum!
Serve with sliced avocado or even guacamole on top if that’s your thing. So good!
If you’re not into meat, you could totally omit the chicken and still have a delicious, filling meal! This is a fabulous thing to cook during the week when things are crazy. It seriously comes together as fast as boxed macaroni and cheese, but tastes a bazillion times better.
Printable recipe below.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken from a Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 box Bow-Tie Pasta
- 1 small Diced Green Chiles
- 1 can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Mild Flavor Rotel Tomatoes
- Small Container Sour Cream
- 2 cups Grated Mexican-style Cheese
- Avocado for Garnish
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine both enchilada sauces, the green chiles, Rotel, drained black beans, and spices. Heat but do not boil.
- Add the chicken, cheese and the sour cream. Stir and allow to simmer until ingredients are fully mixed.
- Add the pasta and gently stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with sliced avocado on top.
WP.com (external button code):