Mama’s Green Chile Recipe

Green Chile with Pork

Mama's Green Chile Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 to 2 lb. diced pork (look for a cheap, boneless roast)
  • Quart-sized bag of freshly roasted green chiles (or one of those big cans) Peeled, seeded, and chopped
  • 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 box or large can chicken stock

Instructions

1. Dredge the diced up pork in seasoned flour, then brown in hot oil. Remove pork from pan.
  2. Add oil to hot pan and make a roux with the flour and chicken stock.
  3. Add pork back to the pan, along with the chopped green chiles. Season well and let simmer for several hours.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes

Comments

1. CR says:

Hey Laura!

My sons & I have been making fun of awful baby photography online for a few months now. I’m not a Pinterest person, but this evening, checking to see if there was anybody out there panning these pix, I found your “Babies In Ridiculous Poses” board. That’s what they’re called, right? Boards? Anyhow, JUST what the doctor ordered! I’m happy to know there are other people out there flabbergasted by this stuff. And annoying a few touchy lady artistes de photography with their critiques!

Thanks for confirming everything we thought about this dubious trend.

1. Laura says:

How did I never see this comment? Apologies for the 6-month gap on my reply! And YES, I think the trend is weird. It kind of seems to be on the way out, thank goodness!

2. CR says:

No apologies necessary. Thank for the reply, mama!

3. Doyle hurt says:

Unreal good. The calabacitas brings me back home to New Mexico !! You must try it

4. Chrissy says:

I thawed out too much pork for todays Wildtree party so I think I will use it to make this!!

1. Laura says:

I’ve been seeing stands all over for roasted Hatch chiles, Chrissy! I need to make a batch myself.

1. Chrissy says:

I used the tapioca we got at the party instead of flour.. It worked pretty well for thickening instead of flour for those that have gluten issues.. 🙂

5. […] the cornerstone of so many recipes. This particular recipe uses bacon fat and flour, much like my green chile recipe. I feel like you really can’t go wrong when bacon fat is one of the […]