For YEARS, I have intended to post this Mexican Ceviche Salad recipe – I only make it once a year or so, usually in the summer, so I guess I always make it and then forget about it for another year! The flavors are so fresh and delicious, almost everybody loves it. I say almost because it’s full of seafood and tomatoes, which my picky kids have not yet realized are palatable. The vat of it that I made at Father’s Day was gone almost instantly.
Here’s what you need:
- 5 to 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 purple onion, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 serrano chiles, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 large package imitation crabmeat
- 1 medium package cooked salad shrimp
- 3 avocados, diced
- Juice from 5 limes
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and top with ice cold Spicy V8 or Clamato, if desired.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! This is one of my favorites to prepare for a crowd, especially if we have a bunch of chips and guac, homemade salsa, and steamed tamales on the side. Bliss!
Looking for an easy homemade salsa? I have the bomb recipe right here: Restaurant-Style Salsa.