Here is a fabulous, easy recipe for Instant Pot White Chicken Chili. I freaking love my Instant Pot! I use it several times a week. It’s the first gadget I’ve ever owned that not only lived up to, but surpassed the hype. If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, what are you waiting for? This is the one I have – check it out! (Affiliate link)
I’ve always loved white chili recipes, particularly when they have a bit of a Mexican flavor to them. This chili reminds me of the white chicken chili my mom made when I was a kid, except this comes together SO FAST. It’s a great weeknight meal, even if you start it late. I suppose you could serve it with a salad or something, but I just throw a huge loaf of bread on the table and my husband and kids go nuts over it.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1 can (15 oz) Great Northern White Beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cans diced green chiles
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. sour cream
- Turn on the Instant Pot saute function and allow to heat. When IP reads "hot", add oil to inner pot. Add chicken thighs to inner pot and brown on both sides. Next, add all other ingredients except sour cream. Turn Instant Pot off and close/seal the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot on and press Bean/Chili button. Set time to 30 minutes. When cooking time ends, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 to 15 minutes, and then quick release the remaining steam with a towel over the valve.
- Open lid, stir chili, and use two large forks to shred chicken. Add sour cream and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with cheese, if desired.
Last time I made this, we had one man-sized bowl left over. My daughter came home late from marching band and reheated it and ate every bite – I thought she was gonna lick out the bowl! Point is, this chili is BOMB and you should make it, like, today.