Yet another tried and true Neiman family favorite, adapted for the INSTANT POT ! My kids are obsessed with Chicken Gnocchi Soup – Instant Pot version or stovetop, it doesn’t even matter. My recipe has way more action than what you’ll find at Olive Garden – it’s totally packed with chicken, vegetables, and delicious gnocchi. It makes a hearty meal with salad and bread and reheats beautifully. Here we go!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. half & half
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- 1 t. seasoned salt
- 2 boxes gnocchi
- 3 T. butter
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and add butter, onion, garlic, and carrot. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken breasts and chicken broth to pot and hit cancel to get out of Sauté mode. Seal Instant Pot and pressure cook on "Poultry" setting for 30 minutes. Manually release pressure (use a towel over the valve) and open lid. Shred chicken and return chicken to pot.
- Add gnocchi to pot and pressure cook on "Soup" setting for 5 minutes to cook gnocchi. Once again, release pressure and open lid. Hit cancel and then change setting to Sauté. Add spinach, seasonings, and half & half and allow spinach to wilt and soup to heat through. Turn off Instant Pot and serve!
The original recipe for Chicken & Gnocchi Soup, posted right here a couple of years ago, calls for chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken. The Instant Pot eliminates the need for that extra expense, because it cooks the chicken right in the broth pretty quickly, however, you can still use a rotisserie chicken if you prefer! Just skip the “cook for 30 minutes on Poultry setting” step.
If you haven’t joined the Instant Pot craze yet, what are you waiting for? This little gadget is such a timesaver. We make baked potatoes in it at least once a week, and it takes just ten minutes! Macaroni and cheese from scratch in the same time it would take you to make the boxed kind. And so much better! If you’re on the fence, let me push you right off so you can join the madness. Check it out:
Worth every cent – I use mine almost every day! Occasionally I’ve had a total FAIL, so it’s not always foolproof! I will continue to share great recipes as I find them/create them. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.