Mashed potatoes are one of those things people can be funny about. Some folks just like basic mashed potatoes, but I’m not one of those “less is more” people. More is more! I want my mashed potatoes to have a LOT of action. So here’s a basic recipe for Loaded Mashed Potatoes that you’re sure to love.
- 2 to 3 pounds potatoes, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and place in large bowl. Add other ingredients and mash with potato masher or mix on medium low speed in electric mixer. Do not overmix.