If you’re looking for some bomb food for your next football party, you will be all over these: Firecracker Saltines! They’re so addictive, so tasty with beer, and one of the easiest recipes ever. In fact, I don’t even make them anymore. My kids do!
Those who have been around the Pinterest ‘hood for a few years will probably recognize the recipe – BUT! I’ve made a huge change to it that takes these crackers to a whole new level! Lean in close, I’ll whisper it to you as the angels sing and the heavens open: YOU BAKE THEM. That’s it. All the recipes I’ve seen say to let the crackers soak up all the spicy goodness overnight. Nah, man. You spread them on a cookie sheet and bake them in a 250 degree oven for about half an hour. This makes them so good, you seriously will never stop eating them.
Here is the SO EASY recipe: open a box of crackers and dump them in a large bowl. Mix up chili powder, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and a packet of Ranch Dressing mix in about a cup and a half of oil. Pour over crackers, mix to coat, and bake. Voila.
Here it is in actual recipe format.
- 1 box Saltine Crackers
- 1 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1 1/2 T. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 T. Smoked Paprika
- 1 T. Chili Powder
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing mix, dry
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients to oil and whisk to blend.
- Pour over crackers in a separate bowl and gently stir to coat crackers.
- Once crackers are coated in oil mixture, spread crackers onto ungreased baking sheet with sides.
- Bake 30 minutes at 250 degrees. Allow to cool before eating.
Enjoy, and…GO BRONCOS!