So, the truth is, I don’t even like Italian food very much. It’s never really been my thing, although my family will put away some spaghetti like nobody’s business. But you know I have MAD LOVE for soups, you guys! Big hearty stews, warm-up-your-tummy chowders, chicken noodle from a can – I love them all. And this soup turned out fantastic! All my kids slurped it up, and I’ll bet yours will too. I just threw this all together from things I had in the pantry, so feel free to adapt it to suit your needs! Here is my no-recipe Lasagna Soup Recipe!
I already had about a pound of browned ground beef and sausage from another recipe, so that’s what I started with. I also included sauteed garlic, lots of chicken stock, canned tomatoes, three kinds of cheese, and lots of seasonings. It came together in a snap!
It was super good with a little mozzarella on top! Here are the details.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 T. dried basil
- 2 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 6 ounces mini lasagna noodles
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese for garnish
- Crumble ground beef, garlic, and sausage in stock pot and sautee over medium high heat. Drain fat. Add chicken stock, seasonings, tomatoes, and noodles.
- Reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine ricotta and parmesan cheese in bowl with fork. Add to soup and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with mozzarella cheese.