- 1 to 2 lb. diced pork (look for a cheap, boneless roast)
- Quart-sized bag of freshly roasted green chiles (or one of those big cans) Peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box or large can chicken stock
- Dredge the diced up pork in seasoned flour, then brown in hot oil. Remove pork from pan.
- Add oil to hot pan and make a roux with the flour and chicken stock.
- Add pork back to the pan, along with the chopped green chiles. Season well and let simmer for several hours.